Since the introducion of the (un)predictable network interface names the
name of the single onboard interface on my Shuttle changes if I boot my
own .config or the kernel.rpm provided by openSUSE. I just threw up
hands and continue to boot with netnames=0 (or whatever).

Now that same thing starts to happen on my Probook, and that makes me
wonder if the whole code should just be dropped from udev because it
obviously fails to work. Unless of course the goal is "UNpredictable"

So, with my own kernel "eth0" becomes "enp2s0". And as I noticed just
now, with kernel.rpm its always named "ens1".

What is udev doing wrong?
See http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Y5NJWJGF for some data.

Olaf