Heya!

I just tagged the v229 release of systemd. Enjoy!

CHANGES WITH 229:

         * The coredump collection logic has been reworked: when a coredump is
           collected it is now written to disk, compressed and processed
           (including stacktrace extraction) from a new instantiated service
           systemd-coredump@.service.

Is it enough to disable this type service unit to completely disable coredump or will users have to for example set Storage=none in coredump.conf and or other tweaks and if so which ones?

         * A new service setting RuntimeMaxSec= has been added that may be used
           to specify a maximum runtime for a service. If the timeout is hit,
the
           service is terminated and put into a failure state.

This does not sound right, why put it into failure state if I as an admin specifically told the the service it could run for maximum X time and then it should stop? ( after that time period the type unit should be stopped cleanly basically systemctl stop foo.service and the state be exactly the same as it yields right ? )