Expanding this out to systemd-devel mailing list.

On 03/14/2016 01:04 PM, Mrunal Patel wrote:
Hi, Lukas,
We are using systemd cgroups support in docker for Fedora/RHEL and seeing some issues.

Here is the flow of the code in docker/runc/libcontainer:
1. We create a Transient Unit setting some properties based on what the user passed or defaults.
For e.g. /system.slice/docker-abcd.scope
2. We then manually join other cgroups subsystems such as devices by creating the directory /sys/fs/cgroup/devices/system.slice/docker-abcd.scope. This is done so we can support cgroups that aren't directly supported by systemd

To see the code you can refer to https://github.com/projectatomic/docker/pull/71/files (In this PR, I made the change to always join all the subsystems after creating the scope to help with first issue below).

There are two classes of issues that are cropping up (especially under load): 1. Sometimes a cgroup isn't joined even though it is passed as a property while creating a Transient Unit. For e.g. CPUShares are specified, however the transient unit doesn't seem to join
the cpu,cpuacct subsystem.

2. cpu.proc file itself goes missing especitally with the devices subsystemd even thought we mkdir the directory and write to the file. It is as if the file gets deleted by some other process.

What can we do to fix these issues?

Thanks,
Mrunal