Michael Biebl [2016-05-16  4:24 +0200]:
> Any ideas, why simple tools like loginctl, busctl, hostnamectl require 300K+ ?
> Could we move more common functionality into a shared, private library
> to counter the constant growth?

Building src/shared/ into a private libsystemd-internal.so (which
doesn't have a SONAME and shipped development headers, so that we
continue to be able to change the API freely) should help a great deal
there. Is that something that would be accepted upstream?

I wouldn't like to split out things like systemd-analyze just because
of being a big binary. It's useful for all sorts of things even on a
non-developer machine: temporarily raise log levels, check
admin-provided units, and check why your machine takes too much time
to boot, etc.

Thanks,

Martin