Am 26.05.2016 um 10:14 schrieb Michael Biebl:
Hi,

I have a service which sends "I am alive" (WATCHDOG=1) via sd_notify.

Sometimes the custom service fails, but still sends the WATCHDOG=1.

Why does your service continue to send WATCHDOG=1 events when it failed?

Now "systemctl status" says that the service is running, but in reality
it is failed.

If your service still sends WATCHDOG=1 events when it actually failed,
then your service is doing something wrong and needs to be fixed.

Yes, of course it needs to be fixed. But bugs like this can appear again.
I want to know if the service is alive, not if some part of the service
is still able to send WATCHDOG=1.

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

--