Am 04.11.2016 um 16:26 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
I want to set my own keyboard definitions when they get lost. They
sometimes do. The only way of doing this automatically is in a cronjob
or a systemd service. I would prefer a systemd service. But for the
moment I rewrite the script to be run from cron instead of systemd.

That does not work either: in cron I get the same errors. :'-(

you *can not* start a GUI application without a GUI and systemd-services nor cron-jobs have any GUI - that's it

what you try to do is simply not possible