On Mon, 28.11.16 14:17, Stefan Berger (stef...@linux.vnet.ibm.com) wrote:

> From: Stefan Berger <stef...@us.ibm.com>
>
> Fedora has its policy in /etc/sysconfig/ima-policy while Ubuntu
> has it in /etc/default/ima-policy. So we try to read the IMA policy
> from one location and try it from another location if it couldn't
> be found. To maintainer backwards compatibility, we also try
> /etc/ima/ima-policy.

Sorry, but this looks very wrong. I am not sure what /etc/sysconfig/
and /etc/default/ima-policy are supposed to be, but I am pretty sure
placing IMA policy there is just wrong. Moreover, our goal is to
remove any distro-specific hooks in systemd in favour of common paths,
not adding new.

Hence I am sorry, but I don't think this is right. Please ask the
downstream maintainers to agree on /etc/ima/ima-policy (or any oher
common path). Let's fix the distros, let's not work around them in
systemd.

I hope this makes sense,

sorry,