Hi
I have no problem with changing some code in microupsd so it behave in certain
way. It is handling SIGTERM and other signals if needed.
The problem for me is that SIGTERM is send to process during system reboot and
system halt - so I need to differentiate between the two.
SIGTERM is sent, by default, to all processes early during shutdown.

You need to disable DefaultDependencies for your process to not recieve
the default SIGTERM and then trigger it yourself with the WandedBy that
was already described...

Your daemon is a late-shutdown daemon, not a normal daemon. I think
that deactivating default dependencies in this case makes sense.

I strongly advice carefully reading the section on default dependencies in
systemd.service, though... You will deactivate all default dependencies and
you probably don't want that. You'll need to manually reactivate the other
default dependencies

BR
Jérémy
If you can suggest me  a way, maybe with some example I will change my code.

Best Regards
Marek

Normally services are given a certain amount of time to stop after SIGTERM
(or whatever KillSignal was set, or whatever ExecStop command was
specified). Even if microupsd doesn't handle SIGTERM nicely (which I'd call
a bug), it's possible to add some... arbitrary delays.

Units are stopped due to having automatic Conflicts=shutdown.target, if I
remember correctly. I'm not sure if disabling that default dependency is a
good approach though...

This time I can't think of a good combination that'd solve both problems
without introducing some ugly race conditions...

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017, 21:46 Marek Floriańczyk <marek.florianc...@gmail.com>