Doing that directly makes little sense. The terminal will eventually go
away, and your service will start getting write errors for stdout.

Instead it would be better if systemctl could spawn `journalctl --follow
--unit=`... I remember it used to have a follow option for status.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017, 05:29 Sergei Franco <sergei.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to retain behaviour of the startup scripts the same as
> sysvinit.
> For example, on sysv the script outputs feedback to the console when the
> stopping and starting is done via console.
> With systemd all output is "hidden", and to see the output you need to
> check the journal (or syslog if configured). There is no feedback.
>
> Is it possible to configure StandardOutput=tty (and StandardErrror) where
> TTYPath= is set to current $SSH_TTY env (be that /devpts/0,/dev/pts/1 or
> /dev/pts/n)?
>
> Regards.
>
> Sergei.

Mantas Mikulėnas <graw...@gmail.com>