On Tue, 19 Dec 2017, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
With most mailing-lists when replying with GMail a reply is default send to
the mailing-list, but with this mailing-list it is default send to the
sender. Would it be possible to change this?

Just use the "Reply all" functionality of your email client. I would be surprised if Gmail couldn't do this.

Recipients can elect to deduplicate the mail either on their local mail system or on the list server itself (by setting the "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" option in their list preferences).

Mailman-based lists default to keeping the sender's From and Reply-to headers intact. Some of the reasons are described at:

It's not mentioned there, but one thing I find nice about lists implementing this policy is that in many cases it allows me to post to the list, and get replies, without needing to be subscribed. This is handy for those times when you only have a one-off question.