Hello, I was wondering why systemd-run --scope needs to be synchronous, it
would be nice if someone could explain what happens under the hood, and what
prevents it from just putting the process in the scope, and maybe just call the
Abandon() method on the slice object's org.freedesktop.systemd1.Scope
interface, when for example it is used in combination with --user, the scope is
under user@1000.service, so it should be cleaned up as soon as the service
manager goes away? Note that there's not a specific usecase to cover here, I am
just interested in knowing why it isn't the other way.
--Jonathon Kowalski