wrote:

>> Hello,

>> I'm using system 234 build by yocto for BeagleBoneBlack. I ave some
strange
>> issue that systemd start timeout because cannot find dev node (which is
>> obviously non existing). Snippet:

>> [ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-mmcblkp1.device.
>>                                                [DEPEND] Dependency failed
for
>> /boot.
>>                             [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File
>> Systems.

>> Device /dev/mmcblkp1 (mounted to /boot) was added to fstab (no idea which
>> component did that). When removed from fstab boot works as expected.

> That's normal then. If a device is in fstab, systemd will try to mount
it, because that's what fstab does. (I assume the name was supposed to be
"mmcblk0p1" instead?)
When check fstab in build rootfs there is no such file with such device. It
must be added runtime and I suspect it was added by systemd.

> fstab has the "nofail" flag to mark the entry as not-required (with it
set, systemd will just wait "in background" instead of failing), "noauto"
to disable auto-mounting completely, and "x-systemd.automount" to delay
mounting until first access.

> --
> Mantas Mikulėnas

Thanks,