On Mo, 13.05.19 07:48, Ulrich Windl (ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de) wrote:

> >> I guess it's not a file named "Reason" that's missing. Despite of my
> >> recommendation to create helpful error messages, can you explain what it
> > means?
> >> Even after an strace I could not find out what is missing.
> >>

> > It means that unit definition file (iotwatch.target) was not found in
> > any directory where systemd looks for it.
>
> The confusing part is that something that cannot be found is "active" for 18
> minutes ;-)

If you start a unit, then remove its unit file it remains started but
the unit file cannot be found anymore. We try to make the best of it:
leave the service running as well as possible, but will tell you the
unit file is now absent.

Of course, it's not a good idea to remove a unit file while a service
is still running, but we cannot really stop you from doing so, this
being UNIX and all...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin