On Mi, 15.05.19 12:12, Ulrich Windl (ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de) wrote:

> in
> Nachricht <20190515100400.GB22945@gardel-login>:

> >> systemd.generator(7) could really need some (better/realistic) examples.
> >
> > I think you assume generators are something they inherently are not.
>
> Even if so, a better example might clarify things. Just referring to a binary
> generator like systemd-fstab-generator is not really helpful to teach how to
> write a generator. You don't like scripts as generators, but I think still
> they
> would make a good example what a generator is supposed to do and what not.

Well, there can always be more examples, but "generators" are
inherently an advanced concept: if you are writing a generator, then
you already should be pro enough to be able to consult the sources of
the various generators shipped with systemd.

i.e. it's not a beginners topic, it's a very low-level, technicallly
advanced one.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin