On Di, 21.05.19 12:38, Germano Massullo (germano.massu...@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hello, Fedora / EPEL BOINC comaintainer here.
> On BOINC client we have a problem. On some Linux distributions BOINC
> gets loaded before the videocard drivers are loaded, so it does not
> detect OpenCL/CUDA capabilities.
> We cannot use graphical.target as wait condition because there can be
> headless systems without graphic server so this condition cannot be
> used.
> What can be a good solution in your opinion?

I am not sure what "BOINC" is, but if it needs to wait for hardware it
should use libudev or so and wait for it to show up. Everything else
is messy.

There's no point in time where all hw plugged in is guaranteed to have
shown up, and in particular in a world where even PCI devices are
hotpluggable (thunderbolt), even graphics devices can come and go any
time. Hence there's no point in time during boot when you know that
all graphics devices have now shown up, or where you know that there
won't be any graphics device showing up ever... any program that

Lennart Poettering, Berlin