Hi,

I am curious if there is a way to single step through the systemd startup
of services? I don't find any such feature and am curious what others would
think of it. We had a similar feature in a previous life, different OS, and developers seemed to like it. I personally think it was a handy tool to have in the arsenal, probably not
a "use it all the time" kind of thing.

It could be triggered via a kernel command line option and in it's simplest form, systemd would start a service and prompt the user before continuing to the next. I know this would
change timing and dependencies may have issues but just throwing out the idea.

This could possibly even be used to single step through the shutdown of
services.

Thanks in advance for your attention,

-Jay