On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 08:17:01AM +0000, Zbigniew J??drzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> The kernel will use the lower-numbered available fd, so there's lot of
> "reuse" of the same numbers happening. This strace means that between
> each of those close()s here, some other function call returned fd 19.
> Until we know what those calls are, we cannot say why fd19 remains
> open. (In fact, the only thing we can say for sure, is that the
> accept4() call shown above is not relevant.)

So, what I propose at this step:

- Restart my strace, this time using '-e trace=desc' (Trace all
  file descriptor related system calls.)

- Choose to focus on a single descriptor; when I passively notice
  that '19' has been reused a couple of time, stop the trace.

That should give me a smaller trace to analyze.

--
Brian Reichert                          <reich...@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large