On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 09:34:09AM +0200, azu...@pobox.sk wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> recently, we upgraded one of our servers from Debian Stretch
> (systemd version 232-25+deb9u12) to Debian Buster (systemd version
> 241-7~deb10u1). Soon after, we found out that setting
> 'JoinControllers' is not longer available. Is there any replacement
> or workaround? Our software is depended on that setting.

The replacement is to use cgroups v2, where all controllers are
always joined, so this setting is not useful.

JoinContollers= was removed in 143fadf369a18449464956206226761e49be1928
because of a) cgroupsv2, b) it was broken, c) it appears almost
nobody was using it (which is also confirmed by the fact that nobody
reported that it doesn't work as documented...).

Sorry if that's disappointing, but you'll need to switch and/or adjust.

Zbyszek