On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 5:18 PM Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS) <
kevin.bo...@ngc.com> wrote:

> Good Morning list,
>

> Does anyone know if there is a way to print out as much of the startup
> ordering of all systemd units including what happens in the initramfs
> before the pivot_root happens?
>

> I just want to be able to grep the output for two units I am interested in
> to know that one is indeed starting before the other.  I’ve looked at the
> systemd-analyze plot but this is a large svg file that is hard to parse.
> Systemctl list-dependencies comes close, but is missing the initramfs.

Initramfs and rootfs are two fully independent systemd environments, no
matter which tool you use to inspect them. You can use `systemctl
list-dependencies` from within the initramfs as well, if you boot with the
"rd.break" kernel option which will provide an interactive shell in the
initramfs environment before pivot happens.

Note that `systemd-analyze plot` accepts --from-pattern and --to-pattern to
limit the units that will be shown.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas