Am 07.01.20 um 02:57 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:56 PM Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> But there is no ordering problem. callboot-ui.service is not related
>>> to callboot-monitor.service. callboot-ui.service is a Qt program and
>>> front-end to the LCD screen. callboot-monitor.service is a command
>>> line program that waits for reads of the modem.
>>>
>>> The only thing they have in common is they use the same database.
>>
>> frankly "to break ordering cycle starting with graphical.target" and
>> your "callboot-monitor.service" has "Wants=graphical.target" and you
>> call that "not releated"?
>>
>> Especially the "Wants" is problematic and noramlly not needed for
>> enabled services, normally your only use After/NBefore unless there is a
>> compelling resason for Wants/Requires and with growing useless
>> dependencies you add to your units problems gow
>>
>> perfomance wise because you break parallel starts for no benefit and
>> because of such unsolveable cycles if you obviously don't understand
>> what you define becaus eotherwise you won't have After/Before/wants in
>> combinations which are impossible
>>
>> and to your other post "5 seconds after all systems services have
>> actually started" is something which simply don#t exist and can't exist
>> at all
>>
>> fix your orderings and your problems are gone
>
> To fix my ordering problem I need Systemd to stop lying about when the
> network is ready.

it don't - you most likely did something wrong by the ordering afetr
networking and you even don't tell how your networking is configured
(network.service, networkmanager, systemd-networkd...)

in other words: instead fix your network-ordering properly you touch
other random stuff in weird ways and it's annyoing that one needs to ask
for each and every bit given your initial posting was a completly joke
with no single information and the whole topic "Service fails to start
with no log messages" is wrong at all

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise