вт, 28 янв. 2020 г. в 11:36, Lennart Poettering <lenn...@poettering.net>:

> On So, 26.01.20 11:55, Matwey V. Kornilov (matwey.korni...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've just found that an assumption used inside detect_container() is
> > not always true, and that leads to virtualization misdetection.
> > Namely, I am running systemd inside docker (19.03.5) container on
> > ubuntu (18.04.2 kernel version is 4.15.0-45-generic).
> >
> >         /* Interestingly /proc/1/sched actually shows the host's PID
> > for what we see as PID 1. If the PID
> >          * shown there is not 1, we know we are in a PID namespace and
> > hence a container. */
> >  check_sched:
> >         r = read_one_line_file("/proc/1/sched", &m);
> >
> > However, I see the following when reading this file in the container:
> >
> > 64813fe8f025:/ # cat /proc/1/sched
> > bash (1, #threads: 1)
>
> Yes, this is known, and to our knowledge not really fixable, as
> there's no nice way to detect containers entirely generically these
> days (or more specifically: detect whether we are in a pidns that is
> not the main one).
>
> Also see:
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/8200
>
> > Unfortunately, this leads to virtualization misdetection on systemd
> > startup (docker host runs inside kvm):
>
> So, docker is the only container engine to my knowledge that refuses
> to play nice by default and is thus unwilling to implement the
> $container env var by default. To make the container env detectable
> you hence have to set the env var manually in your containers.
>
> Sorry for that, but there's nothing we can do about this. The kernel took
> the only somewhat generic mechanism to detect containers away from us
> and the Docker people aren't willing to make their stuff detectable,
> hence there's nothing we can do.

Hi,

Thanks for reply! I've just wanted to let you know about this issue
after spending couple hours trying to understand why my container
works on the one host and don't work on another one.
I think there are couple things which can be done here. First, it
would be great to modify the comment as proposed in PR 8200. If I knew
that this test is fuzzy, I would not write this mail.
Second, I didn't know about $container env until I read systemd
sources. There are a lot of fragmental information about running
systemd in docker in Internet, it would be great to have official
systemd-point-of-view on this topic.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov