On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 13:53, Lennart Poettering <lenn...@poettering.net>
wrote:

> On Do, 30.04.20 09:35, Kaushal Shriyan (kaushalshri...@gmail.com) wrote:
> 65;6001;1c
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core)
> > with php72u-fpm-7.2.30-1.el7.ius.x86_64 version. I am facing the below
> > permission denied issue. I also did the below steps
> > #cd /run
> > #chown -Rc nginx.nginx php-fpm
> > changed ownership of ‘php-fpm/php-fpm.pid’ from root:root to nginx:nginx
> > changed ownership of ‘php-fpm’ from root:root to nginx:nginx
> > #systemctl restart php-fpm again changes it from nginx.nginx to root.root
> > user.
>
> Typically, these per-service dirs in /run/ get recreated during
> restart, by the service in question. In addition, if RuntimeDirectory=
> is used in the service, systemd will automatically clear the specified
> directory when a service goes down. It's generally assumed to be the
> job of the daemon in question to create and make sure things are
> properly owned on next start if it uses different users and drops
> privs on its own.
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering, Berlin

Thanks Lennart for the reply. I have followed the below steps to fix the
permission issue.

#vim /etc/systemd/system/php-fpm.service
> .include /usr/lib/systemd/system/php-fpm.service
> [Service]
> User=nginx
> Group=nginx
> #systemctl daemon-reload
> #systemctl restart php-fpm.service
> #tree -pug php-fpm
> php-fpm
> ├── [-rw-r--r-- nginx    nginx   ]  php-fpm.pid
> └── [srw-rw---- nginx    nginx   ]  www.sock

It worked like a charm. Much appreciated for your help. Please let me know
if I am missing anything or if there are any better ways to handle the same
issue. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal