17.06.2020 07:46, Kamal Rathi пишет:
>> Please take at least some efforts to format mail so that it can be
>> properly understood. Otherwise I am afraid your mails will simply be
>> ignored.
>
>        I am sorry for inconvenience, i will try to follow correct approach
> afterwards while replying
>
>> How RemainAfterExit affects *startup* of services?
>
>       The services worked as expected and as i fixed the issue where it was
> using su in script.
>       As in background there was SysVinit script which was getting invoked
> when system boot and makes processes falls in users.slice
>       So the startup is working perfectly after disabling that SysVinit
> script.
>
>> So I was right. Your programs are running as user services or part of
>> user sessions.
>
>      You were absolutely right, I tried to dig into that and find out as it
> was using internally su,
>      but now only problem remains is shutdown order.
>      As I have created a dependency that rdbms.service should start after
> grid.service which works perfect at boot.
>     But when I do shutdown / reboot both services stop simultaneously.
>     which i want my grid.service to wait first before rdbms.service will
> stop
>     As Type mentioned in services are oneshot.
>
>> dmesg output does not contain any systemd log. Anyway, we already know
>> that your services are not really system services.
>
>     So my service is system services, as let me attach cgls output
>
> └─system.slice
>  ├─rdbms.service
>  │ └─8039 /sarahn9db/db/11.2.0/bin/tnslsnr sarahn9 -inherit
>  ├─grid.service
>  │ ├─  5316 /grid/gi/11.2.0/bin/ohasd.bin reboot
>  │ ├─  6159 /grid/gi/11.2.0/bin/cssdagent

The obvious possibilities

- ExecStop command returns before application is actually stopped.
ExecStop must be synchronous, systemd assumes service is stopped when
ExecStop command completes

- stopping takes longer then TimeoutStopSec

- your actual database it still started outside of rdbms.service. The
only process shown in your output is listener, but I would expect rather
more of Oracle there

Without logs it is impossible to say anything more specific.