On 7/11/20 11:05 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
> If systemd is still the same, your distribution upgrade wasn’t relevant to
> the issue at hand, was it?

no, I didn't state that it was.

What's relevant is that I followed the suggested workaround made to me, and
there was no observed effect.

It was simply mentioned here on the off-chance that @ distro-upgrade some
backport/patch/fix might have been implemented.  Clearly it wasn't.

> The upstream project only supports the latest two versions of systemd, which
> currently are 244 and 245. Please report your issues to openSUSE.

Lennart was kind enough to comment previously.

I'm asking Lennart for additional comment on his recommendation ... made here,
so asked here.

> Please report your issues to openSUSE.

as stated in my OP, it already has been.