On Fr, 17.07.20 14:38, Xogium (cont...@xogium.me) wrote:

> Hi,
> as the subject says, I am trying to use repart to add a partition on a block
> device, from inside the initramfs. I also make use of overlayfs via
> systemd-volatile-root to make it possible to write temporarily on the
> root device. However it appears that systemd-repart and
> systemd-volatile-root are both ran in parallel: http://ix.io/2rRi
> This results in repart failing to find the root block device.
> Would there be any way to have repart ran before systemd-volatile-root, such
> that it has time to finish modifying the real block device ? Adding
> systemd-volatile-root on the Before= line in systemd-repart.service via an
> override is not enough since both units are of type simple. It is started
> before
> the volatile root unit, but they both ultimately end up running in parallel
> once
> again.

This is supposed to just work, and if it doesn't it's a bug.

It appears s-v-r.s should have an After=s-r.s but currently does
not. The fix should be easy: just add it to the unit file. Event
better, prep a PR and submit it upstream and we'll merge it.

Alternatively, file an issue, and we'll look into it, eventually (or
is there already one filed?).

Lennart Poettering, Berlin