Yes, But help me understand.
I think you said that you are not convinced as to why that has to done.

My argument is very simple shouldn't a Linux environment allow change in
timezone easily?
Now I am not an expert in Linux kernel development. But I see that some of
the files, even though they reside in /etc  are linked to file in /run
Like *resolv.conf.  *Which allows dynamic changes.

timezone activity change is a very basic change one that needs to be
supported by the system. Why guard it with so much.

Again I am asking if there is something else that you would want instead of
the method suggested in the ticket.

I guess, your main concern is that this might open the flood gates where
now everyone is changing /etc files according to their own whim and now
read-only fs is not really a read-only fs

But then again I would argue that timezone changes has little effect and it
should be customizable according to the user.

I am happy to spend my time doing that and submitting it again for review.
Like I said I just want to know the root issue with that approach . Because
there are plenty other people who might be facing the same issue.
I am happy to invest my time in doing this

Regards,
Shravan Singh
(239) 243-0838

Blue Sparq, Inc.
928 NE 24th Lane unit 4 and 5.
Cape Coral, FL 33993

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.