Hi!

I hadn't used shutdown without "now" for a long time, but to day I did:
I was surprised about the messages: In traditional UNIX shutdown would announce
the shutdown using wall messages. With systemd (in SLES12 SP5 this time) there
was no message sent to the users and even in the journal the first message
simply was:
systemd-logind[16681]: Creating /run/nologin, blocking further logins...
The processes magically stopped and the session was closed.

I wonder: Shouldn't here be an infiormational message at least when the
shutdown command is entered, and at least a notice message when the actual
shutdown time has arrived?
If you review syslog laternot at all obvious what had happened.

Regards,
Ulrich