What are the state of things and the plan for the future with respect to
iwd and systemd-networkd? A couple of years ago, I put together a
satisfactory solution for my project in OpenEmbedded/Yocto using
systemd-networkd to manage the IP connections and wpa_supplicant to
manage the underlying Wi-Fi connection. Now it seems that Yocto has
dropped wpa_supplicant in favor of iwd, and the iwd folks seem to want
it to manage DHCP and routing in addition to the basic Level 2
connectivity. It also seems like systemd-networkd can still do the stuff
it was doing before and that I can just use iwd to manage the Level 2.
Am I going to write myself into another dead end if I keep using
systemd-networkd for the network management and only use iwd for Level 2?

Thanks!

--
Bruce A. Johnson
Herndon, Virginia