W dniu 26.10.2020 o 11:19, Lennart Poettering pisze:
On So, 25.10.20 18:56, Marcin Kocur (marcin2...@gmail.com) wrote:

W dniu 25.10.2020 o 18:36, Marcin Kocur pisze:
Hello,

as the topic states, I want to know which action(s) from "add",
"remove", "change", "move", "online", "offline", "bind", and "unbind"
were triggered on my device. Is there any way to check that?

At the beginning of  /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/49-sane.rules there is:

ACTION!="add", GOTO="libsane_rules_end"

Udevadm info doesn't show libsane_matched property for my scanner.

If I trigger the device manually with action "change", the variable is
still not there, as per the rule.

But if I trigger it with "add", the variable is there and also uaccess
rule gets executed.

So the ultimate quesiton is: what kind of trigger was executed on my
device on boot time?

Okay, it seems that "bind" is the action executed. I just edit the ACTION
rule and restarted my PC until I found it.
The introduction of "bind" and "unbind" is some major kernel API
fuck-up btw. It's the main reason why packages should check for
!="remove" rather than =="add|change" or so. udev rules written for
old kernels simple didn't have to take "bind" and "unbind" into
account. The fact that kernel just added that willy-nilly breaks rules
all over the place. (that said, sane's apparent use of =="add" was
always broken, i.e. the omission of "change", so even without the
kernel bind/unbind mess the sane rules already were broken)

Also see the NEWS note on the upcoming systemd version 247:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS#L5

Is this intended? Should I report bug to systemd or sane? The scanner is
connected to my PC all the time.
sane.

Ask them to run their rules on ACTION!="remove", i.e. on all actions
but "remove". And that includes add, bind, change, unbding and
everything else that might be added one day.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin

Thanks Lennart and Pekka,

I drawed SANE's maintainers attention to this:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/371

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests/541

--
Pozdrawiam / Greetings