Am 11.01.21 um 18:10 schrieb Michael Biebl:
Am Mo., 11. Jan. 2021 um 18:07 Uhr schrieb Reindl Harald
<h.rei...@thelounge.net>:
it don't make sense using different flags in CI and production builds,
especially LTO which often points out otherwise unvisible bugs

Such as? I don't remember any bug report which was uncovered by LTO
being enabled

buggy code not always leads to visble bugs with reports, the warnings typically increase with LTO

and https://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/compiler-bug-lto-only shows why it's nonsense to run CI with different flags than final builds

however the whole topic and "we've been using LTO in the Debian build for as long as I can remember, but I begin to question whether that is a good idea" in 2021 is very strange given that more or less the whole world goe sinto LTO for everything direction

https://www.google.com/search?q=compiler+warnings+with+LTO