On Wed, 2021-05-19 at 02:19 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> So this is where I guess I'm missing something. To be able to make
> sense of the coredumps there are two things that might end up being
> relevant, backtraces and source code. systemd-coredump might already

I understood Luca's point to be about more basic metadata. Not in the
context of a human analyzing coredumps, but having basic information
about *what* crashed in log files.

So when the system gets a coredump, the goal is to have more
information in the logs than just "some process crashed in the
container" and name of the binary. Instead the logs would contain
information about what package/version the binary is from (or at least
claims to be from). And writing log files should not involve loading
any extra data from the network.