On Saturday, 5 June, 2021 3:38:41 AM IST Dino Joseph Mycle wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying t improve my embedded system boot time which uses systemd.
> debugging understood that it spends lot time around ~1.3 second in my iMX6
> board running @800MHz on initialization of  the systemd
>

> plotting  the graph using “systemd-analyze plot > /tmp/bootime.svg “ i am
> seeing that, it spend around 1 second reading config file and generating
> dyunamic file at /run/systemd. And then it start executing unit files
>

> My questions are, since its an embedded system where the hardware and
> configuration are always constant once you build the image so all these
> dynamic stuff reading from files are not required

> 1)      what all i should be doing to make the boot faster

This is more for desktop but you can refer to this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Improving_performance/Boot_process

> 2)      is there a way I can configure the files statically at compile
> time, which will reduce the time of reading each file from eMMC.

Depend on which generator. For fstab, you can place mount files in /etc/
systemd/ directory. Then you can disable that generator via the kernel command
line. Also If you use sysvinit generator, try to manualy convert it.

> 3)      How can I disable the mounting of the root partition from the
> systemd-generators as I see the kernel mounts it in my systemd and gets
> remounted, even though I commented the line in fstab
If you think there is no issue in doing so, you can mask the unit.