I'd like to add a feature to systemd-cryptsetup that requires computing
a sha256 hash. Currently, systemd links to several different crypto
libraries, and I'm a bit confused what the preferred implementation
would be.

Currently I'm thinking about adding a dependency on libopenssl to
systemd-cryptsetup and falling back to khash if openssl is not
available at compile time, similar to the design in
src/libsystemd/sd-id128/sd-id128.c#L285.

I do think it's slightly concerning that I would be adding another
shared library dependency to systemd-cryptsetup, but given that it
already indirectly depends on libopenssl through libsystemd-shared, I
think it should be fine.

What do other people think about this idea?

Thanks,
Daniel