How do I create a persistent systemd-journald namespace?

I have a backup service that is run by a systemd timer. I would like that to use it's own namespace. I can create the namespace manually using systemctl start systemd-journald@mynamespace.service. However I cannot find a way to do that successfully at boot time. I have tried a RequiredBy and a Requires in the timer unit but neither seem to work.

Here are the relevant unit files.

/etc/systemd/journ...@backup-and-csv.conf.d/backup-and-csv.conf

[Journal]
SystemMaxUse=1G
SystemKeepFree=5G
MaxRetentionSec=1day
MaxFileSec=1week

/etc/systemd/system/backup-and-csv.service

[Unit]
Description=InfluxDB incremental backup and csv service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
User=pi
WorkingDirectory=~
ExecStart=/home/pi/bin/backup-and-csv

/etc/systemd/system/backup-and-csv.timer

[Unit]
Description=backup-and-csv timer
Requires=systemd-journald@backup-and-csv.service
After=systemd-journald@backup-and-csv.service