Hello,

On Tue, 2022-04-26 at 10:11 +0300, juice wrote:
> On 4/26/22 09:41, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > > Using fingerprint for *authentication* is totally broken concept which
> > > should never be allowed.
> > Why? Is a PIN any better?
>
> PIN is much better. You will not be leaving your PIN to any drinking
> glass you handle or to doorhandles that you open. People leave
> fingerprints all around the place and it has been repeatedly
> demonstrated that fingerprints can be easily extracted and replicated to
> silicone fingers which can be used to fool fingerprint readers.

I expect people here know about the caveats of fingerprints, so I doubt
there is a need to explain these basics. I am sure that we could
discuss at length in what scenarios the use of fingerprints is
beneficial (either by itself or in combination with other methods).
But, to be honest, I doubt anyone here is really interested in such a
discussion.
That said, if you want to start it, you should probably embed your list
of caveats into more context and considerations for it to be useful.

Benjamin