On Do, 05.05.22 04:41, Yuri Kanivetsky (yuri.kanivet...@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This might be not a systemd issue. But the behavior is weird, and I'm not
> sure.
>
> I'm trying to run GNOME in a docker container. And gnome-keyring
> fails to start:

To my knowledge Docker is not capable of running a proper
systemd-based userspace as a container. I.e. it does not implement
this:

https://systemd.io/CONTAINER_INTERFACE

As I understand, they are not interested in this, think this is out of
focus. Which is certainly their right. But if you want to run systemd
as container payload, then bettr use a different container manager,
like podman, lxc, systemd-spawn. They all are a lot more open to
supporting systemd as payload in a way that just works.

Docker is particularly borked when it comes to the way cgroups are set
up. And given that they are stuck on cgroupsv1 (or did that change?) i
see no perspective there.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin