Am 05.09.22 um 19:45 schrieb Arian van Putten:
Just thinking out loud here but aren't RA messages are sent as link local multicast messages? How can it send them if you disable link local addressing?

Yes, RA are being sent as ll multicast. But the interface does have a valid link local address. LinkLocalAddressing= refers to autoconfiguration (according to the documentation on freedesktop), not to the disablement of link local adresses. A link local address ist of course required, I just happen to configure it manually, not via autoconfiguration.

Unless I miss something fundamentally, this looks more and more like a bug.
Either we need a LinkLocalAddressing=ipv6manual option or it should be checked, wether a valid scope local address is being provided later on.

But of course, I may be wrong

On Mon, 5 Sept 2022, 19:14 Ede Wolf, <lis...@nebelschwaden.de <mailto:lis...@nebelschwaden.de>> wrote:

    Am 05.09.22 um 18:34 schrieb Ede Wolf:
     > Hello,
     >
     > For a simple setup, I've tried to replace radvd with systemds
     > IPv6SendRA=true.
     >
     > Now the link supposed to send the RA of course has both a fixed
    local as
     > well as fixed global (ULA) address. As it happens to be the
    default gw
     > as well.
     >
     > Since the local address is being configured manually,
     > LinkLocalAddressing is consequently set to no
     >

     > Now networkd complains, from the journal:
     >
     > IPv6PrefixDelegation= is enabled but IPv6 link-local addressing is
     > disabled. Disabling IPv6PrefixDelegation=.
     >

     > Not sure what I am overlooking, but the SendRA is meant for other
     > clients, not for this link. Otherwise I would have set
    IPv6AcceptRA to
     > true, not IPv6SendRA.
     >
     > What am I misinterpreting here?
     >
     > Thanks
     >
     > Ede

    I may have mixed up terms, something that, however, does not make
    things
    more comprehendable to me.
    I am not using DHCPv6, I would just like to announce the prefix via RA
    to other clients on that link. So prefix delegation is likely something
    else. I've just concluded that from the journal message.

    However, my .network file has no DHCPv6 related stanzas:

    [Match]
    Name=brlan

    [Link]
    MACAddress=02:...