> Ok then, where's the overwhelming coverage of the women's 100m final?  For
> the Afghani situation to not hurt the sport, I posit that it has to
> actually increase the coverage devoted to the true world class
> competitors.  If it takes away from that coverage or even does not affect
> it, then at the very least the signal to noise ratio is going down and the
> lasting impression many will be left with is that the G.P. in Grand Prix
> really stands for Green Peace...

As I said, I would probably vote not to have these athletes in the race if I
had a vote.  But I have to respectyuflly disagree with your assessment of
what hurts the sport and what doesn't.  I don't think that "many" of the
"common" fans you were referring to earlier will be left with any such
impression as you imply.

- Ed Parrot