The Marathon standards just got easier:

men-2:15/2:18
women-2:37/2:42

That's a pretty huge change!  We're all but guaranteed to have three women
now unless it's 100 degrees or 10 degrees in St. Louis.

The men could still potentially have only one, but it would have to be a
pretty bad day with all the top guys blowing up

I'm not sure I like this, as I think what happened in 2000 has had some
positive impact, but I'll be happy from a nationalistic standpoint to see
more U.S. athletes at the Games.  Hard to believe that 9% slower than the
world record is an A standard for men.  That would be like 10.6-10.7 being
the 100m A standard.  They are very different events of course, but somehow
it just doesn't seem right for a team of 3 2:14 guys to be there (and
probably finish 20 minutes behind) while 2:08 guys are sitting at home.

- Ed Parrot