--- "P.F.Talbot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This also seems to suggest that the old adage that sprinters are born
> while distance runners are made is wrong.  Distance runners require few
> facilities and not even much coaching (I hate to say that, but it's
> probably true. Self coached distance athletes have reached the top of
> the sport while I've never heard of a self-coached sprinter--anyone?)
> while sprinters require extensive training facilities and constant
> coaching to get to the top.

I don't particuarly agree with the ol' adage, but I don't think that's
exactly what it is saying.  The gist of the argument is that distance
runners can overcome a lack of talent through hard work, whereas sprinters
either have it or they don't.  That doesn't mean a sprinter with immense
talent will make automatically it, just that they have to have the talent
to have a chance.

Dan

=====
http://AbleDesign.com - Web Design & Custom Programming