I always thought it depends on the wording of the scholarship.  Some are
mentioned specifically as being guaranteed in the case of injury, which
would imply that others are not.

In this age of fewer and fewer scholarships available, it isn't surprising
that coaches would be hesitant to waste them on injured athletes.  Of
course, allowing scholarships to be yanked would be a dangerous precedent.
 A coach could run their athletes into the ground with the hope that a few
would excel, and those who get injured in the process can be replaced with
a new scholarship athlete.  On the other hand, said coach would develop a
bad reputation pretty quick.

Dan

=====
http://AbleDesign.com - Web Design & Custom Programming