Boulder's sister city, Eugene (part of the "Tie-dyed Triangle" - Eugene,
Boulder, Berkeley), has the same mind-set. University professors (of course)
on zoning commissions and planning boards, promoting their vision of a dense
and "vibrant" downtown, while simultaneously railing against "urban sprawl".
Who should conscripted to live in the urban cores of the future? Why you, of
course! The suburbs are reserved for the new, liberal gentry.

malmo

PS  It could be argued that Madison is the forth sister, making it the
handle of the "Tie-dyed Dipper"