-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of mike fanelli
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 10:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: t-and-f: '74 AAU XC Natls. @ CRYSTAL SPRINGS

Crystal Springs (Belmont, CA) served as my "home course"  while at both CCSF
and SF State University. I therefore have a serious love hate relationship
with the less than subtle terrain... exposed, hilly, hot, rutted...all in
all, brutal harrier geography.

The venue "highlight" that I wanted to share was the fact that in 1974, the
Nationals were held here. The 10KM senior men's race went something like
this...

1. John Ngeno 29;58, 2. Neil Cusack 30:15 3. Ted Castaneda 30:22 4. Greg
Fredericks 30:40 5. Taylor 30:43 6Tibaduiza 30:44 7. Mendoza 30:45 8.
Johnson, Tuttle, Peterson, Shorter, Rojas, Bringhurst, Wallace, Howard,
Liquori, McGuire, McCubbins, Staynings, Kardong, Timm, Moller, Zarate,
Gregorio, Thomas, Crawford, Stemmer, Boit, Smith, McAfee, Brown, Lawson,
Manley, Clark, Williams, Galloway, Childers, Clark, Flanagan, Hulst, Vigil,
Barger, Ndoo, Leddy, Brown, Fleming, Ruffato, Babiracki, Bacheler, Garcia,

TEAM Colorado TC, NYAC, Philly Pioneers, Eastern New Mexico, Club Northwest,
Florida Track Club

Junior 8KM

1. Bobby Thomas 24:25 2. John Roscoe 24:26 3. Roy Kissin 24:29 4. Ralph
Serna 5.Eric Hulst, Buell, Morden, Arbogast, Fulton, Whitaker, Clary,
Hansen, Lacy, Simonian, Kingery, Perez

Needless to say, the course has some history...serious history...even if it
is "merely" cross country (sorry Roger)

...anxiously awaiting Sydney (happy with whatever I can get in the interim)

- Mike Fanelli