lengthy profile on four-time Australian Olympic marathon entrant and track
and field team captain Steve Moneghetti...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/20000901/A40048-2000Aug31.html

"By any measure, his record is impressive in this cruellest of all
track-and-field events. Three previous Olympics. Four Commonwealth Games.
Six world championships. Three marathon victories, in Berlin and Tokyo and
at the 1994 Commonwealth Games in Victoria. Ranked in the world top 20 for
what? 15 years?"

"At times, he admits he hates the marathon. "I think the marathon is a
super-special event," he says. "The greatest feat of human endeavor. Pure.
Despite all this talk about EPO, it's untainted by drugs. Or by technology.
But it's also a bloody awful event. So hard on the body."

André Sammartino
Reckon you know your stuff?
Come try our Olympics track and field tipping comp
http://surf.to/bayside