"Slinger Sanchez..." is an accurate and realistic portrayal of track and field's dirty underbelly. The book claims to be fiction, however, much of the story really happened -- I'm positive of that.

malmo!TM
Another self-anointed "award-winning" pundit for the Sydney2000TM Olympics

 -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Guy Oekerman
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 10:22 AM
To: Track & Field List
Subject: t-and-f: Slinger, part 2?

When I first read "Slinger Sanchez Running Gun," I didn't think that anything that list member Bruce Gilkin wrote would ever happen. Too far fetched and too strange.

After the last few weeks, Slinger Sanchez seems to be more of an Olympic primer than a fictional account. Bruce, if you're out there, I can't wait to read the sequel!

Unfortunately, I'm also reading more news releases from Sydney about the athletes who are not competing than I am about the ones who are. Thanks to all for keeping the information flowing to those of us who are locked in offices instead of being somewhere (Canada, Mexico) where the Olympics are still an athletic event and not "dueling documentaries."

Guy Oekerman • Research Director
KWBP-TV • WB32
[EMAIL PROTECTED] • (503) 644-3232