Y ask Y:

Check out a post by Bob Bowman to the USATF associations mailing list on egroups:

http://www.egroups.com/message/usatf_assoc/1225

Bob's running for president of USATF, and what really jumps out in his campaign pitch
is his clarion call for USATF to push the IOC and IAAF for America's fair share of
revenues from various meets, including TV rights to the WCs.  He's right on the money.

(Bob also demands a stronger push for IAAF to choose a USA site as host of the WC.)

American athletes may not be a big draw outside of the Trials in the U.S., but
overseas they fill the coffers of many meets, as well as the IAAF. So why not start
playing hardball and demanding a share of the proceeds? Do we have to use the "B" word
to get their attention?

Bowman talks a lot of sense.  Also makes me wonder if anyone else out there running
for Pat Rico's job has something to add to the debate.

Come out of the closet, U guys, and share your plans.

Ken Stone
http://www.masterstrack.com

PS: Check out

http://www.wce.wwu.edu/tracknet/evals2000.pdf

This is USATF honcho Bill Roe's evaluation form for Masback. Wonder how he'll fare.