Jon Entine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the record, East African blacks, who have a genetic history
distinct
> from blacks of West African ancestry, are notoriously poor sprinters,
and
> perform worse than most whites, as a consequence of their ectomorphic
body
> types, higher proportion of slow twitch muscle fibers, and other
> genetically-influenced
> anatomical characteristics.

What a load of nonsense! "For the record..", What record?

THREE kenyans made it to the 400m final at the '93 WC, one even ran
44.34 in the semis! Only a few athletes have run faster and only a
couple of nations (I guess USA, UK and maybe Jamaica) have done better.

How could anyone call these performances of notoriously poor sprinters?
I'm aware of the fact that east africans do not win medal after medal in
the sprints but surely their performances are worthy of more than your
description.

Cheers,

Martyn