This topic and article make me think.  What is the fascination with
downplaying something so elementary, as genetic makeup?  We are easy to
accept that genetics make up our person, but are reluctant to realize that
this same "fact" does dictate some given advantages in life.  A 3 year old
that can sit and play the piano, was born that way, he was blessed with a
gift.  Speed, and endurance are no different.  We have our gifts, some are
more gifted than others, in varying arenas.  Our world is track where speed
and endurance and strength are the gifts we live with.  This is not to say
that it is the only factor or variable, but it is to say it is a factor.
Genetic predisposition is not evil, nor is it to be dispelled, it is a fact
of life.
Yes, I think there is a group of people predisposed at birth to run farther
faster, just as I believe there is a group of people that are on average
taller than everyone else.  We are arguing against something that cannot be
disproved, it is nature, and some of us need to face that.  You are not going
to train the average Joe to run 9.79, ever!

DGS
The G.O.A.T.