Netters

Dan asked:
> Is this evident in any group other than male sprinters?

yes Distance runners.  In 83 there was Miles Irish, Mike Starr and John
Carrolitti all sub 4:10 milers in H.S.  Of the group the only one to make
to the 88 and 92 trials was Charles Marsella a guy who was second to
all those guys all te time.  I knew Irish pretty well and had met Starr.
Marsella was not as talented but he was tuff.  There are other examples
as well.  I wonder what ever happened to Irish the guy ran 4;06 (I think)
behind Starr, Went to George Town and i never heard from him again,