Netters

Ryan, normally witty, and informed came up with this one liner:

>So, I say do the apples to apples thing, in which case there are
>lots of 18-19 minute 5k folks (men and women)
> who are not world ranked, so the RK fella should be thankful.

Ryan, by the light, I hope you are joking because this has to be the
second most stupid thing I have ever seen written about the walks.
Right behind that horse's but's, P.N. from New Zealand who thought it
would be ok to try to relegate what he doesn't like to an Island.

On the upside I think Conway's essay on the founding fathers of the
rankings was the best so far in the discussion.  I know GH said he wasn't
going to write any more about this but I would like to see a response to
that because it seems that Conway has crystallized the point of the
discussion at the same time pinning down the defenders of the rankings.
The horse isn't dead yet I'd like to see an expansion from what Conway
wrote.